About Robin – Ethics and Philosophy
- Emeritus Professor of the School of English, Communication, and Philosophy, and the Institute of Sustainable Places at Cardiff University
- Chair of the Cardiff and District Branch of the United Nations Association
- Former Member of the Council of the Royal Institute of Philosophy
- Former Co-Opted Member of the Executive Committee of the British Philosophical Association
- Former Chair of the Cardiff Branch of the Royal Institute of Philosophy
- Participated in a UNESCO International Working Party on Environmental Ethics
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Environmental Ethics Working Party at the Ian Ramsey Centre, St Cross College Oxford – Also Co-Edited Their Report
- Environmental Philosophy (Most Branches)
- Ethics (Including History of Ethics and Applied Ethics)
- History of Ideas (Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries; also, Ancient Philosophy)
- Philosophy of Religion (Religious Language, Theistic Arguments, and Panentheism)
Qualifications and Education
Furthermore, Robin completed his PhD in 1972 and has been a Professor of Philosophy since 1992. He has also taught in Nigeria and Kenya, and in 1999, he was awarded a National Research Fellowship in South Africa and addressed three universities there. Other awards include a D.Litt. from Cardiff University in 2008 for his contributions to environmental philosophy.
Foreign translations of Robin's work include a forthcoming Spanish translation of OUP's Environmental Ethics: a Very Short Introduction by San Pablo Press and the Pontifical University of Spain.